- A TVA Board Meeting Notice (Notice) will be communicated to the public one week before the scheduled board meeting.
- The Notice includes a time and location for the public listening session and Board meeting. The public listening session will start at the appointed time, to be followed by the Board meeting.
- Those interested in making comments must sign in at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the listening session.
- Speakers who signed up electronically must also check in with TVA staff at least 15 minutes prior to the the start of the listening session.
- Speakers who arrive late at the listening session will not be allowed to speak during the listening session.
- Speakers will make comments to the Board on a first-come-first-serve basis with those who pre-register going first.
- No signs, posters or other distracting materials will be allowed in the listening session.
- Speakers with information and/or handouts for the Board should provide this information to TVA staff managing the listening session.
- Speakers typically have 3 minutes to speak.
- A timer is used to indicate to the speaker (and to the Board and to the audience) when the speaker’s allotted time has expired. Speakers who exceed this time limit will be asked to be seated by TVA staff.
- The Board generally does not respond to speakers during the listening session.
Pre-registered speakers are asked to check-in at registration 15 minutes before the listening session begins and they will address the Board first.