Application Process for TVA Police Officer Positions
In selecting TVA Police officers, we set high standards for eligibility. The physical requirements are equal to those of any law enforcement organization in the country, and their professional training puts them among the elite of our country’s federal law enforcement officers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 21 years of age.
- U.S. citizen without criminal conviction.
- No dishonorable discharge from military service.
- A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field; or an associate degree or equivalent number of creditable hours in criminal justice or related field from an accredited institution and at least two years related law enforcement experience; or six years continuous service as a full-time armed/commissioned law enforcement officer.
- Successful background investigation.
- Successful completion of all required tests.
- Basic computer skills.
Application and Selection
The TVA Police application and selection process involves three phases.
- Follow instructions to create an account and submit a résumé at http://www.tva.com/employment/index.htm.
- Click on “Search for Jobs” (left-hand column) and follow instructions given on that page to locate the job listing. Check frequently for updated postings to apply for the opportunity to interview.
- Qualified applicants are notified of interview dates.
- After the interview, applicants recommended for testing are notified of oral and written test dates.
- Background investigations begin as potential vacancies occur. Applicants are notified at the beginning of this process.
Applicants who successfully complete the testing and background investigations are placed in a candidate pool.
Applicant is offered a position based on completion of the following additional requirements.
- Medical and psychological evaluations.
- Drug and alcohol screening.
- Physical efficiency battery (includes agility, flexibility 1.5-mile run, body composition, and bench press).
Upon successful completion of all phases, new recruits are required to attend the basic law enforcement training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia.