Efficiency Advice and Incentives for Commercial Customers
The Commercial Efficiency Advice and Incentives Program (CEAI) offers commercial customers varying levels of facility energy assessments to help them make informed energy-saving investment decisions. Financial assistance is also available for those projects that help reduce power use during TVA’s peak periods. These incentives can help shorten project payback periods and are offered through participating local power distributors in partnership with TVA.
How does the CEAI program work?
Participation in the Commercial Efficiency Advice and Incentive Program is easy and includes flexible components to help meet your individual needs, including the following:
- Complimentary Initial Energy Assessment – This initial step takes only a few minutes and will provide information to help determine how well your facility is currently using energy.
- Complimentary On-Site Energy Review – If additional information is needed, qualifying facilities may obtain a free walk-through energy audit to help identify potential areas for energy savings.
- Detailed Energy Study – Qualifying facilities have the option of an in-depth energy study to identify additional energy saving opportunities. TVA and your local power distributor will share the cost of this study with you. The study includes the development of detailed cost and savings projections that can help guide your decision-making.
- Incentive Payment – Your energy savings investment may help reduce TVA’s summer peak power demand. If it does, you may qualify for an incentive payment that will help offset some of your investment costs.
What types of businesses can participate in CEAI?
Large commercial facilities that have a demand charge and are served by a participating distributor are eligible for this program.
How are projects eligible for incentive payments determined?
Energy efficiency incentives are customized for your facility depending on how much the proposed project will reduce your company’s power use during TVA’s critical peak periods. Pre- and post-installation measurements are used to identify the exact amount of the financial incentive you will receive as a result of your demand reduction project.
What incentives are offered?
Incentive amounts are determined based on the following per-kilowatt-hour values:
- Lighting – $200 per summer peak kW reduced.
- HVAC systems – $200 per summer peak kW reduced.
How can businesses find out if they qualify for efficiency incentives?
Follow these simple steps to find out if your business qualifies for an efficiency incentive:
- Contact your local power distributor and sign up for an initial assessment.
- Work with your designer/installer to develop a project plan.
- Complete a participation application form.
- Your local power distributor will work with you to determine if your project is eligible for an efficiency incentive.
Is CEAI right for my business?
The program can help guide you through difficult financial and energy decisions by providing objective, fact-based assistance all the way through the implementation of your energy efficiency projects. Prioritizing capital and operational dollars is just one example of the decisions that can be made easier through the program.
Why offer the CEAI program?
In addition to helping commercial customers manage their power use more efficiently, TVA’s energy efficiency programs are designed to achieve maximum reduction benefits during the highest periods of demand on the TVA system. Energy efficiency programs can help reduce the amount of power TVA purchases from more costly power sources. That helps keep energy costs lower for all Valley consumers, and these savings can be seen directly on your monthly power bill.
How do I subscribe?
Contact your local power distributor for more information on program details and the process for subscribing.