Executive and Regional councils
The Executive Council will:
- Establish and communicate TVA’s diversity and inclusion vision and goals.
- Model managing diversity behavior and hold organizations accountable for meeting TVA’s Diversity and Inclusion Scorecard
- Appoint key members to the organizational councils.
- Hold organizations accountable for achieving TVA’s diversity scorecard, including monitoring sponsoring employee resource groups and inclusion staffing goals.
The Regional Councils will:
- Partner with Executive Council in implementing diversity and inclusion.
- Serve as diversity advocates and change agents.
- Develop partnerships with internal and external groups.
- Leverage diversity in support of business objectives, TVA policy, and federal requirements.
- Provide feedback on diversity initiatives to the Diversity Council.
- Communicate diversity initiatives and successes across TVA.
TVA’s Diversity Council sponsors/participates in some of the following activities:
- Educational and Employment Outreach
- Partners in Education Program Events (PIE)
- Job Fairs
- Latinos for Hire
- American Association of Blacks in Energy (AABE)
- Tuskegee University Business and Industry Cluster (TUBIC)
- North American Association of Pipeline Inspectors (NAAPI)
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBA)
- Job Shadowing Events
- Community Service Projects
- Shoes for School
- Swift Memorial Museum
- La Paz de Dios
- Hora Latina
- Allianz del Pueblo
- Native American Spirit of Nations Pow Pow
- Habitat for Humanity
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemoration Commission of Greater Knoxville
- Diversity Articles