How Will Smart Grid Be Put in Place?
TVA is developing a smart grid deployment plan for the TVA region that will
- lead to plans for important applications for the transmission, distribution and consumer systems
- enable a better understanding of the costs and benefits of these applications
- resolve questions of technology integration and interoperability between operations and end devices.
A component of the deployment plan is the demonstration of key applications, such as
- wide-area visualization of power system assets and operating conditions
- more efficient use of existing transmission paths
- integration of renewable storage technologies
- smart asset management using advanced sensing devices
- engagement of end use consumers in energy efficiency and demand response.
TVA and its partners are exploring a variety of other technologies designed to increase the efficiency of energy use. To learn more about them, see the list at upper right.