Instructions for Renewable Standard Offer Application
Applicants must submit an application package that includes two paper copies (marked "Original" and "Copy") and a searchable electronic file(s) on a compact disk (CD) for ALL of the following.
Solar Solutions Initiative applicants only will also need to fill out and submit the application. Download the Solar Solutions Initiative application
Application fee see details
The application fee is based on the proposed generating capacity (gross nameplate capacity) of the project. The application fee schedule is below.
The application fee must be in U.S. dollars in the form of a certified check, money order or bank draft made payable to Tennessee Valley Authority. The application fee is nonrefundable.
Any RSO or RSO/SSI project up to 1 MW – Application fee of $1,000 + $1.00/kW
Any RSO project > 1 MW up to 20 MW – Application fee of $5,000 + $1.00/kW
Application form see details
The Renewable Standard Offer application consists of four parts:
- Section 1 collects general applicant information.
- Section 2 is used to determine project eligibility for the Renewable Standard Offer.
- Section 3 is used to ascertain interconnection requirements for the project.
- Section 4 provides a series of declarations that the applicant has to make for the application to be valid.
In addition to the completed application, the applicant must include a copy of the application checklist. The application checklist will indicate what materials TVA can expect to find in the application package when the submission is reviewed. For an application to be considered complete, the checklist must be returned with the application.
Authorization letter see details
All applicants must provide an authorization letter addressed jointly to TVA and the distributor (if applicable), and signed by the applicant. The letter authorizes the distributor to provide TVA any and all information relating to the applicant or the project, and each of its connections, meters, meter and billing data, and other necessary information.
Evidence of land access rights see details
An application must include evidence that the applicant has either title or rights of access to the proposed project site sufficient to build, operate and maintain the project, enforceable by contract for the term of the Renewable Standard Offer contract (“access rights”).
Such access rights may include ownership, a lease, option, letter of intent, memorandum of understanding, or other grant conditional only on (i) the applicant entering into the Renewable Standard Offer contract and (ii) the supplier under the Renewable Standard Offer contract being issued notice to proceed.
Where an application is for a project on TVA property or waterways, evidence must be included in the application that the appropriate access rights have been obtained, and that TVA has granted the appropriate permits for the term of the Renewable Standard Offer contract. Copies of documents establishing access rights need to be included in the application package.
Creditworthiness documentation see details
Applicant will be subject to a complete credit evaluation and analysis in order for TVA to determine the applicant or guarantor’s creditworthiness. Applicant must submit documentation for both itself and any proposed guarantor. In completing the credit evaluation, TVA will consider many factors including, but not limited to, the following:
- Financial statements
- Audited financial statements for the last three preceding fiscal years that include balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows and notes to the financial statements
- Interim financial statements for the most recent fiscal quarter
- If publicly traded:
- Annual report on Form 10-K for the last three preceding fiscal years
- Form 10-Q for the most recent fiscal period.
- Rating agency reports (S&P, Moody’s, and Fitch), if available
- Bank information (name, address, phone number and officer contact)
- Credit references (from three sources that include name, address, phone number and contact)
- Legal name and the state of incorporation
- Shareholder ownership schedule (if applicable)
- Complete disclosure of any material litigation, commitments or contingencies, etc.
This checklist Download checklist
If any of these elements of the application are not submitted to TVA, the application will be rejected as incomplete.
The completed application package should be mailed to:
Tennessee Valley Authority
Attn.: Renewable Standard Offer
26 Century Boulevard, OCP 6A
Nashville, TN 37214
The applicant must sign and initial the paper original with indelible ink. All copies of the application, including the electronic version, must include all of the required documentation as itemized on the checklist. The application fee must accompany the application.
Applicants are solely responsible for ensuring the technical, regulatory and financial viability of their project, and TVA shall have no responsibility whatsoever to independently assess the viability of any application or project nor any liability whatsoever in the event that a project is not or becomes no longer viable in any respect. Submission or acceptance of an application does not create any binding obligation between TVA and the applicant.