Live Well for Retirees
Where can you make a difference in your life . . . for life? At TVAs Live Well Program. Live Well is a comprehensive wellness program that encourages the reduction of health-risk behaviors, fosters healthy lifestyles, and contributes to the management of health-care costs.
TVA retirees are eligible for many of Live Well's benefits. They must be eligible at the time of retirement to maintain insurance in one of the TVA retiree medical plans. To be eligible to maintain such insurance, and thus be eligible for Live Well, retirees must fulfill one of these criteria:
- Be 50 years old with at least five years service as a full-time annual TVA employee or
- Be 60 years old (no service requirement), or
- At any age, have at least five years of service as a full-time annual TVA employee who has been terminated by reduction in force for other than cause (including those who are voluntarily reduced in force), or
- At any age, have been approved for a disability retirement benefit by TVARS or have terminated TVA employment because of a disability, as determined by the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, or
- Retire with an immediate benefit from Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) or Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS).
Spouses of eligible retirees are eligible for Live Well, as are dependents aged 14 and older who meet TVA medical plan dependent-eligibility criteria (they are not required to be covered by the plan). Such dependents must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult who has access to a Live Well center.
There are many on-site centers at TVA facilities throughout the Tennessee Valley. Live Well centers offer cardiovascular and strength exercise equipment, bloodwork analysis and individualized fitness programs.
For more information, contact the TVA Employee Service Center at 888-275-8094 or Sonja Gillespie, Live Well Manager, at 256-386-2224.