Seven more marinas meet Clean Marina criteria
The list of marinas entitled to fly the Clean Marina flag is growing. These marinas are the latest to be recognized for meeting high standards that preserve and protect water quality in the Tennessee River system:
- Lake Blue Ridge Marina on Blue Ridge Reservoir
- Black Oak Marina on Cherokee Reservoir
- Watauga Lakeshore Resort and Marina on Watauga Reservoir
- Cuba Landing Marina on Kentucky Reservoir
- Tellico Marina on Tellico Reservoir
- Pine Harbor Marina on Chickamauga Reservoir
- Sonny’s Marina and Café on Boone Reservoir
TVA’s Clean Marina program helps marina owners protect water quality by sponsoring boater education and taking measures to reduce water pollution and erosion. Certified marinas must meet stringent pollution-prevention standards for sewage disposal; fuel management; vessel maintenance and repair; solid, liquid, and hazardous waste disposal; stormwater management; erosion control; and public education.
A total of 84 marinas in the Tennessee Valley have been certified to date.