Campground Commercial Management: Request for Proposals
TVA is currently not seeking proposals for the operation of a recreation facility on TVA managed land. If you would like to be notified directly when facilities become available please send your name, contact information and properties of particular interest, if any, to PLIC@TVA.GOV
The following describes the qualifications and criteria TVA considers in reviewing a proposal application.
Campground Operator Qualifications
TVA’s objective is to obtain the most qualified operator to provide quality recreation services at the facilities. TVA will judge proposals on various evaluation criteria, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Experience and qualifications in developing, operating and managing campgrounds or similar commercial recreation facilities
- Capability to perform required services and meet minimum operation and maintenance standards
- Familiarity with type and quality of service expected
- Professional qualifications of applicant and staff assigned to the project
- Completeness and clarity of the submitted proposal
- Proposed plans and development schedule for facility improvements and enhancements
- Three (3) years of business operation experience; operation and development of a commercial recreation facility is preferred
- Net worth of $1 million preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet financial requirements for operation
- No prior liens, suits, judgments, or bankruptcies
TVA reserves the right to reject any and all proposals and to waive any technical defects in the proposals. TVA will not be obligated to pay any costs incurred by applicants in the preparation of proposals. Proposals that include any false information or misrepresentation will be rejected. Plans and materials submitted with proposals will not be returned unless specifically requested by the applicant.