Green Power Providers
Green Power Providers (GPP) is an innovative and sustainable program offered by TVA and local power companies to encourage the development of solar, wind, biomass and low-impact hydro generation systems across the Tennessee Valley. The program is targeted for residential and commercial customers who wish to install small-scale (50 kilowatts or less) renewable generation systems. GPP participants are paid for every kWh generated by their renewable energy system.
Below are the program highlights for calendar year 2016:
- 10 MW capacity offering will be split equally between residential and non-residential customers.
- The enrollment period has been increased to 11 months (January 13 to December 16) due to the following enhancements:
- Capacity Reservations Requests (CRRs) received during the 11 months will receive 2016 generation credit payment rate.
- Program enrollment on a first-come, first-served basis starting in January.
- Fast Track projects (those projects under 10 kW) will require energy consumption of 1,000 kWh/year or more.
- CRRs will expire after 90 days if no approvals have been gained
- The residential marketing incentive payment will no longer be available.
- Generation credit will be paid at the retail rate for the entirety of the contract
2016 Important Dates
- January 13, 2016: Green Power Providers Program opens for applications through the online application tool on a first-come, first-served basis.
- December 16, 2016: Cutoff date for all new CRRs. (If capacity is not reached by the enrollment end date).
For 2016, TVA will not require the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) full-certification requirement and will continue with the entry-level requirement. TVA will periodically evaluate NABCEP requirement-related industry standards.
To learn more about Green Power Providers and its key features, read these frequently asked questions.