Green Power Providers
Green Power Providers (GPP) is an innovative and sustainable program offered by TVA and local power companies to encourage the development of solar, wind, biomass and low-impact hydro generation systems across the Tennessee Valley. The program is targeted for residential and commercial customers who wish to install small-scale (50 kilowatts or less) renewable generation systems. GPP participants are paid for every kWh generated by their renewable energy system.
Below are the program highlights for calendar year 2017:
- 10 MW capacity offering will be split equally between residential and non-residential customers.
- The enrollment period is 11 months (January 11 to December 15).
- Capacity Reservations Requests (CRRs) received during the 11 months will receive 2017 generation credit payment rate.
- Program enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis starting in January.
- Fast Track projects (those projects under 10 kW) will require energy consumption of 1,000 kWh/year or more.
- CRRs will expire after 90 days if no approvals have been gained
- Generation credit will be paid at the retail rate for the entirety of the contract
2017 Important Dates
- January 11, 2017: Green Power Providers Program opens for applications through the online
application tool on a first-come, first-served basis.
- December 15, 2017: Cutoff date for all new CRRs. (If capacity is not reached by the enrollment end
For 2017, TVA requires at minimum the Associate-Level certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). For installers who currently hold an entry-level certification, you will have until December 2017 to convert your certification to Associate-level. TVA will periodically evaluate NABCEP requirement-related industry standards.
If you have questions, please call the Green Power Providers question line at (866) 673-4340 or email email@example.com. Or to learn more about Green Power Providers and its key features, read these frequently asked questions.