Our Technology Partners
There’s no doubt about it: The science and technology problems facing the industry today are complex. It will take a village, so to speak, to come up with new strategies and technologies to devise a cleaner, brighter future. That’s why TVA partners with organizations that have the wherewithal to complement its own expertise.
Such partnerships complement TVA's technical and scientific abilities. We find that our relationships with partners not only allow us to enhance research and development, but give us valuable experience with the way other organizations tackle common challenges. Ultimately, they help us improve our performance across the board.
In particular, we work closely with:
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI): A key partner, TVA collaborates with EPRI in nuclear, power delivery and utilization, generation and environment research areas.
- National Electric Testing, Research and Application Center (NEETRAC): NEETRAC provides research and development in the areas of transmission and distribution specifically.
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA): The research arm of NRECA focuses on distribution and energy utilization demonstrations, providing TVA with valuable insights in the rural cooperative environment.
- University Partnerships: TVA partners with universities where valuable research contributes to issues that are of importance to TVA—for example, TVA is a partner in the CURENT Engineering Center lead by the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and supported by both the National Science Foundation and the Department of Energy.
- Department of Energy and National Labs: TVA has several projects ongoing with Oak Ridge National Laboratories and the Department of Energy.