2019 IRP Background
Public Scoping Period
A 60-day public scoping period was run from Feb. 15 through Apr. 16, 2018.
Public comment is invited concerning both the scope of the EIS and environmental issues that should be addressed.
A 60-day EIS public scoping period ran from Feb. 15 to April 16, 2018. Comments received during the scoping period help lay the foundation for development of the IRP and EIS. The comments will be described in a report that TVA will post on its website
later this year.
Public webinars will be provided approximately every three months to keep the public informed about the progress of the 2019 IRP and EIS. When the draft IRP and EIS are ready in February 2019, TVA will post them online and request comments. TVA will publish the final EIS and IRP in Summer 2019.
TVA hosted the first 2019 IRP quarterly webinar on May 15, 2018. Slides from the webinar are available on this website under “Public Meeting Updates,” and questions and answers are addressed in the FAQs at the link below.
2019 IRP Working Group Composition
The 2019 IRP Working Group includes both customer and stakeholder representatives.
There are eight customer representatives, including:
- Three local power companies
- Three industrial customers
- Two organizations representing local power companies and industrial customers
There are 12 stakeholder representatives, including:
- Three energy and environmental non‐governmental organizations
- Three from research and academia with expertise in distributed energy resources (DERs)
- Two from state government
- Two representing economic development
- Two representing community and sustainability interests
- Draft Integrated Resource Plan
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement
- Executive Summary
- Fact Sheet
- Fact Sheet (Spanish)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Notice of Intent (PDF)
Public Meeting Updates
- Quarterly Public Update #1, May 15, 2018 slide materials
- Quarterly Public Update #2, September 10, 2018 slide materials
2019 IRP Working Group Meetings Materials
- Meeting 1 February 28, 2018 Materials
- Meeting 2 March 29, 2018 Materials
- Meeting 3 April 26, 2018 Materials
- Meeting 4 June 6–7, 2018 Materials
- Meeting 5 July 23–24, 2018 Materials
- Meeting 6 August 29-30, 2018 Materials
- Meeting 7 September 26-27, 2018 Materials
- Meeting 8 October 25, 2018 Materials
- Meeting 9 December 19-20, 2018 Materials
- Meeting 10 January 30-31, 2019 Materials
- Meeting 11 February 28-March 1, 2019 Materials
- Meeting 12 March 27-28, 2019 Materials
- Meeting 13 May 13-14, 2019 Materials
For more information about the 2019 IRP study contact:
1101 Market Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Enterprise Relations + Innovation
400 West Summit Hill Drive, WT 9D
Knoxville, TN 37902
NEPA Project Manager
400 W. Summit Hill Drive, WT 11B
Knoxville, TN 37902
Watch this video to learn more about the IRP planning process.
* Click on the CC button on the screen for closed captioning.
* Por favor haga clic en el botón “CC” en la pantalla para subtítulos.
Meet IRP-Y and the Watts family! Watch this video to learn more about how TVA powers the Tennessee Valley. Right now, TVA is working on its 2019 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP), a long-term plan that provides direction on how TVA can best meet electricity demand over the next 20 years. We’re inviting you and your family to get involved in the planning process. We need your help!
- Public Scoping, February 21, 2018
- Quarterly Public Update, September 10, 2018
- Draft IRP Plan Overview, February 26, 2019
- Quarterly Public Update, June 5, 2019
TVA Publishes 2019 IRP Scoping Report
On Aug. 1, 2018, TVA published the 2019 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) Scoping Report that includes public comments related to TVA’s work on the IRP and related Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The scoping report includes information about how the IRP and EIS are being developed, and captures public comments TVA received online, by mail and at public meetings during the 60-day scoping period that ran from Feb. 14 to Apr. 16, 2018. Click here to read the full report.
2015 Integrated Resource Plan
In August 2015, the TVA Board of Directors adopted the Integrated Resource Plan (IRP), which provided a direction for how TVA would meet the long-term energy needs of the Tennessee Valley region. This document and the associated Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement evaluated scenarios and strategies for providing electricity through 2033. Click here to read more about the 2015 Integrated Resource Plan.