Helping businesses to locate, stay or expand their operations in the Memphis area is part of TVA’s mission. Since 2012, TVA has worked with Memphis to help attract or retain 40,300 jobs and over $5 billion in capital investments.
May 11, 2020 -- Helping businesses to locate, stay or expand their operations in the Memphis area is part of TVA’s mission to advance economic development in the areas we serve. Since 2012, TVA has worked with the Memphis community to help attract
or retain 40,300 jobs and over $5 billion in capital investments in the Memphis area.
Other power providers cannot and will not match TVA’s commitment, expertise and resources for economic development in the Memphis area. Some of the TVA success stories in Memphis include:
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, announced plans for a state-of-the-art advanced research center in Memphis. Plans for the new $412 million facility include the creation of 500+ new jobs.
- Indigo Ag, Inc., an agriculture technology company, announced plans to establish its North American operations headquarters in Memphis. Plans for the project include the creation of approximately 700 new jobs, investing nearly $6.6 million.
- JNJ Express, a transportation company, announced plans to expand its headquarters in Memphis. Plans for the project include the creation of 610 new jobs and $83.6 million in capital investment.
- Hyosung Heavy Industries (HICO), a Korea-based electrical power equipment manufacturer, announced plans to locate its first US production facility in Memphis. Plans for the project include the creation of 410 new jobs and $86.9 million
in capital investment to increase the company’s global footprint.
- AutoZone, the Memphis-based auto parts retailer, announced plans to expand its existing operations. Plans for the project include adding 130 new jobs to its 1,400 existing workforce and investing $191.2 million.
- Amazon, a leading global electronic commerce and cloud computing company, announced plans to locate its newest, high-tech fulfillment center in Memphis. Plans for the project include the creation of 1,000 new, quality jobs and $200
million in capital investment. This site will be the first in Tennessee to utilize innovative Amazon Robotics technology.
- Surface Dynamics, a leading provider of coatings, 3D printing, and solutions to orthopedic original equipment manufacturers, announced plans to expand its Bartlett, Tennessee location. Plans for the project include the creation of
110 new jobs, and investing $10 million in the Shelby County operation.
- FedEx Logistics announced plans to move its headquarters to downtown Memphis. The existing MemphisFedEx hub is the largest sorting facility in the FedEx Express global network. Plans for the new location include the creation of 689
jobs, in addition to the 30,000 currently employed and investing $44 million.
- Mimeo.com, an on-demand digital printing company, announce plans to expand and establish its headquarters operations in Memphis. Plans for the project include the creation of 300 new jobs and $16 million in capital investment.
Working with our partners at the regional, state and community levels, TVA offers site selection services, incentives, research and technical assistance to help companies locate, stay and expand existing operations. TVA also provides use of its aviation
services to assist with industrial recruitment efforts, including visiting company headquarters, viewing industrial properties or buildings, or evaluating greenfield sites. TVA also provides community-focused, customized trainings and programs aimed
to assist communities like Memphis prepare for economic success.