TVA Board of Directors To Host Listening Session Pilot, Meeting in Chattanooga
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The TVA Board of Directors will host meetings to gain insights from the public and conduct necessary business in Chattanooga, Tenn., on Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 13 and 14, 2019.
The second pilot of a revised listening session will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 13, beginning at 3:30 p.m. ET in Meeting Rooms H-J at the Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St., Chattanooga, Tenn., 37402. Continuing to respond to public input, the board has moved the listening session to a later start time to allow more interested individuals to participate.
During the listening session, the public may comment on any agenda item or subject. Registration of speakers at the listening session is required through the board’s webpage at https://www.tva.com/board no later than 5 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Feb. 12. Individuals without computer access may also register by contacting Wilson Taylor, TVA’s ombudsman, at (865) 776-7015.
The board will conduct its quarterly business meeting beginning at 9:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, Feb. 14, in the Missionary Ridge auditorium in TVA’s Chattanooga Office Complex at 1101 Market St., Chattanooga, Tenn., 37402. Board directors will consider the agenda items listed below.
- Report from Chair
- Committee Charters
- Updated Board Practice on Use of TVA Aircraft
- Chair Selection
- Report from President and CEO
- Report of the Finance, Rates, and Portfolio Committee
- Asset Portfolio Evaluation: Bull Run and Paradise
- Research and Renewable Projects to support Distributed Energy Resources
- Dual Metering Standard Change and Design Exploration for Green Power Providers
- Report of the Audit, Risk, and Regulation Committee
- Report of the Nuclear Oversight Committee
- Report of the External Relations Committee
- Report of the People and Performance Committee
- Update on CEO Succession Process
The board meeting can be viewed live from the Board of Director’s webpage at https://www.tva.com/board. The link will be available a few minutes prior to start time of the meeting. TVA management will answer questions from the news media following the board meeting.
For more information, please call TVA Public Relations at (865) 632-6000, Knoxville, Tennessee. People who plan to attend the meeting and have special needs should call (865) 632-6000. Anyone who wishes to comment on any of the agenda in writing may send their comments to: TVA Board of Directors, Board Agenda Comments, 400 West Summit Hill Drive, Knoxville, Tennessee 37902.
For more information about TVA and its 85-year mission of service to the Tennessee Valley, click here.