Important Information Regarding the Use of This TVA Web Site
Security Notification and Acceptance of Terms
You have entered an official system of the Tennessee Valley Authority, an agency of the United States, which may be used only for the purposes described therein. Unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information, defeat or circumvent security features, or otherwise cause damage to the system are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under applicable Federal or local laws.
The following terms, conditions, and qualifications govern your use of this Web site. By using this Web site you acknowledge and accept these terms, conditions, and qualifications, which may be modified from time to time. The term "Information," as used herein, means all information, documents, and materials on this Web site.
- Forward-looking information. Certain Information on this Web site contains forward-looking statements relating to future events and future performance. Any statements regarding expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, estimates, objectives, intentions, assumptions, or otherwise relating to future events or performance may be forward-looking. In certain cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "may," "will," "should," "expect," "anticipate," "believe," "intend," "project," "plan," "predict," "assume," "forecast," "estimate," "objective," "possible," "probably," "likely," "potential," "speculate," or other similar expressions.
Although TVA believes that the assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements are reasonable, TVA does not guarantee the accuracy of these statements. Numerous factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For a description of these factors, see TVA's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). New factors emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for management to predict all such factors or to assess the extent to which any factor or combination of factors may impact TVA's business or cause results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. TVA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect developments that occur after the statement is made.
- No warranties/limitation of liability. All Information, including references and links to third-party information, is provided "AS IS," and TVA does not guarantee the accuracy of any such Information. TVA makes no, and expressly disclaims all, express, implied, and statutory warranties, including, without limitation, all warranties of merchantability, suitability, noninfringement, or fitness for any particular purpose, relating to the use of this Web site and the accuracy, completeness, and legality of all Information (including, without limitation, references and links to third-party information). TVA expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability for any damages caused by computer viruses that may be contained on this Web site. TVA shall not be liable for any damages related to your access to or use of any Information, including any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or other damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or lost profits), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), or otherwise. You agree to this limitation of liability as a condition of TVA's providing Information.
- Nonendorsement of third-party information. Regardless of the source, accuracy or completeness, TVA does not endorse or adopt any third-party information referenced or linked on this Web site. Information on linked third party sites may be subject to copyright or other restrictions on use.
- No duty to update. TVA assumes no duty to update or correct any Information for (1) new information or results; (2) events occurring or coming to TVA's attention after the date thereof; or (3) any other reason. Information that is not dated or Information that is dated but viewed subsequent to its date may not be current.
- No offer or solicitation regarding TVA securities. This Web site contains Information relating to certain TVA securities, including offering circulars and other materials. All such Information is provided for general public informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any TVA securities in the United States or in any foreign jurisdiction (including, for avoidance of doubt, the United Kingdom).
- Investment decisions. When reviewing any Information, you are advised to consult the further disclosure TVA makes in its annual reports on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, and current reports on Form 8-K that TVA files with the SEC. These reports are available on this Web site as well as on the SEC's Web site at www.sec.gov.
TVA assumes no obligation to update the Information included on this Web site. Because Information may be out of date, inaccurate, or incomplete, investors must not rely on any Information in deciding whether to purchase or sell any TVA bond, note, or other security or in making any investment decisions, and the Information shall not be incorporated or deemed to be a part of any offering circular.
- Intellectual property. All trademarks, logos, service marks, and copyrighted material contained on this Web site ("marks") are the property of TVA. You are not permitted to use any marks without TVA's express written permission. The term TVA and the TVA logo are service marks of the Tennessee Valley Authority, registered USPTO.
- Applicable law and venue. TVA operates and controls this Web site from its offices in Knoxville and Chattanooga, Tennessee, in the United States of America. TVA makes no representation that access to this Web site and any Information is appropriate in your jurisdiction (including, for avoidance of doubt, the United Kingdom), and such access is prohibited in jurisdictions where illegal. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws relating to your use of this Web site. The terms, conditions, and qualifications contained herein will be governed and construed in accordance with U.S. federal law. Any lawsuit against TVA or its officers, employees, or agents arising out of or based upon any Information on this Web site or requiring or entailing the enforcement or interpretation of these terms, conditions, and qualifications may be brought only in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee.
- Enforceability. If any part of these terms, conditions, and qualifications is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by law, including, without limitation, the warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability, then the invalid or unenforceable part shall be deemed to be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that most closely effectuates the intent of the invalid or unenforceable part, and the remainder of the terms, conditions, and qualifications shall continue in full force and effect.
- Federally assisted programs. Some of the programs described receive federal financial assistance. Recipients of this federal financial assistance must administer the funds to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Virus protection. Each party that submits materials agrees that in uploading executable files to the system it will use only computer systems employing reasonable means to check and prevent the spread of malicious and/or damaging computer code.