Claiming Veteran Preference
You served our country, now come serve the Valley. At TVA, we are committed to hiring our nation’s heroes. We proudly provide career opportunities for our veterans and their spouses. If you are a military veteran or a spouse, widow, widower, or mother of a military veteran, we encourage you to claim a Veteran Preference. We offer this as part of our commitment.
- To claim the Veteran Preference, you must provide the required documentation by the closing date of the job you are applying for:
- If you are or were on active duty:
Provide proof of active duty through a campaign badge or expeditionary medal by submitting your form DD-214 (Member 4 copy) and/or a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
If you currently lack this proof, provide alternate documentation such as separation orders or a letter from your commander that certifies you are expected to be honorably discharged within 120 days.
- If you are on military disability:
Submit a letter dated 1991 or later from the Department of Veterans Affairs that shows your current overall combined percentage disability rating.
- If you are a spouse, widow, widower, or mother of a veteran:
In addition to the required documentation for active duty, disabled or deceased veterans, you also need to submit form TVA 3595 - Veteran Status Information by the closing date of the job you are applying for. Click here to get the form.
2. You will attach your documents in Step 8 of the application process when you apply for the job.
Note: If you cannot or forget to attach your documents in Step 8, you can email them to [email protected].