2015 Rate Change
On July 17, TVA issued an environmental assessment (EA) and finding of no significant impact (FONSI) for a proposed rate change.
The proposed rate change would refine the structure of TVA’s wholesale electric power rates, pricing products, credits and billing adjustments in order to:
- Incentivize cost saving behaviors to keep rates as low as feasible;
- Maintain alignment with the cost of service to distributors and directly served customers;
- Improve competitiveness of industrial rates;
- Align with least-cost planning; and
- Simplify and create greater consistency within the suite of response and other power products offered by TVA.
While the proposed rate change would not affect the total revenue collected by TVA, the allocation of revenues across customer classes would change slightly. If approved by the TVA board of directors, the rate change would be implemented October 1, 2015.
More information on this environmental review can be obtained from: