Executing our mission of service to the 10 million residents of the Tennessee Valley requires openness to new ideas, innovative solutions and bright minds that possess the knowledge and passion to achieve success. That’s why TVA values diversity in our employees and in everyone we work with, including suppliers.
Our mission is three-fold: We provide low-cost, reliable energy; stimulate economic development; and uphold an environmental stewardship program that supports some of the most beautiful and productive waterways in the United States. We recognize that we can achieve the most by welcoming a diversity of thought, background and experience.
TVA’s goal is to maintain a competitive, diverse supplier base that is reflective of the Tennessee Valley region. In seeking to do business with firms that offer exceptional products and services at competitive prices, we welcome businesses of all types—small, minority-owned, woman-owned, veteran-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned, and those located in historically underutilized business (HUB) zones among others.
We work to fulfill our diversity commitment by:
- Inviting small and diverse businesses to participate in competitive bidding opportunities
- Promoting partnerships and subcontracting relationships to aid business development
- Offering small and diverse businesses support services, including guidance through the inquiry and bid process
- Encouraging our large prime suppliers to mirror TVA's diversity commitment
- Expanding outreach initiatives to identify suppliers, including building partnerships with business development organizations, government agencies, distributor partners and congressional offices.