Supplier Diversity Policy
At TVA, we’re committed to maintaining a competitive, diverse supplier base that is reflective of the Tennessee Valley region. We recognize that utilizing businesses that are valley based, small, minority owned, women owned, veteran owned, service disabled veteran owned, and located in historically underutilized business zones (HUBZones), strengthens TVA’s mission of service and our efforts to promote prosperity across the Valley.
Through Supplier Diversity, we are actively building relationships with local, small, and diverse businesses capable of providing quality products and services at competitive prices. We are committed to connecting these suppliers to our business units and providing equitable opportunities to compete.
TVA and its executive leadership team work to fulfill our commitment to supplier diversity through:
- Direct contracting and prime supplier subcontracting
- Federal government regulation compliance
- Supplier mentoring
- Partnerships with community-based business advocacy organizations
- Community outreach activities
- Active communication with current and potential suppliers (see Supplier Connections)
- Establishing annual Supplier Diversity goals and tracking our progress
Local, small and diverse suppliers bring great value to TVA, while creating jobs and opportunities in the communities we serve. We will continue to seek their partnership as we work to make life better for the people of the Tennessee Valley.
Jeffrey J. Lyash
President and Chief Executive Officer
"At TVA, we’re committed to maintaining a competitive, diverse supplier base that is reflective of the Tennessee Valley region."