• TVA recreation areas, trails, and undeveloped lands (except left bank tailwater parking lot at Melton Hill Dam)
• Restrooms at the Norris visitor center (nearby restrooms are open at Kentucky and the hikers' restroom at Fontana)
• TVA campgrounds (see details)
• Visitor centers at Norris, Fontana, Kentucky, and Racoon Mountain
• Some dispersed recreational area gates and access roads – do not block closed gates
Latest Operating Information
WARNING! Water release schedules can change without notice due to unanticipated weather changes or power system requirements. Large amounts of water could be discharged at any time. Use caution! Obey all posted safety regulations and precautions! Vital safety information.
*Elevations are in feet above sea level. Discharges are in cubic feet per second and are reported at the end of the hour.
Water release schedules are updated periodically throughout the day. Next-day release schedules are usually available by 6 p.m. of the current day.
Observed water levels also are updated periodically throughout the day. Predicted water levels are updated at least once a day, by 1 p.m. Eastern time, and may be updated more frequently when conditions warrant.