About the TVA Privacy Program
The Tennessee Valley Authority Privacy Program is part of the IT Enterprise Information Security & Policy organization and is responsible for the protection of personally identifiable information (PII) at TVA.
Privacy Impact Assessments
The E-Government Act of 2002 requires TVA to conduct Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and make them publicly available on the TVA website. The TVA PIAs can be downloaded by clicking the links below.
- ATLAS (pdf, 2109 KB)
- Demand Side Information Management System 2.0 (pdf, 1881 KB)
- Economic Development Loans (pdf, 1207 KB)
- Extreme Energy Makeover (pdf, 1257 KB)
- GoogleAnalytics (pdf, 1482 KB)
- Green Provider Program (pdf, 1760 KB)
- Icompliant (pdf, 81 KB)
- JustOneScreeningPlatform (pdf, 1596 KB)
- Land Acquisition Disposal System (pdf, 146 KB)
- Net Record Management System (NETRMS) (pdf, 1936 KB)
- NICE 7.0 (pdf, 1695 KB)
- People Lifecycle Unified System (PLUS) (pdf, 1906 KB)
- Talemetry (pdf, 907 KB)
- Vendor-Information-Form (pdf, 1030 KB)
System of Records Notices
The Privacy Act of 1974 requires TVA to inform the public when TVA collects and maintains PII in a System of Records. These public disclosures are called System of Record Notices (SORNs). The TVA SORNs can be downloaded by clicking the link below.
Laws and Regulations
The TVA Privacy Program works to ensure compliance with federal privacy laws and regulations, including those listed in the links below.
- Privacy Act of 1974
- E-Government Act of 2002 (PDF)
- TVA Regulations Implementing Provisions of the Privacy Act
Privacy Act Requests
Under the Privacy Act (PA), a person may seek access to records that are retrieved by that person’s name or other personal identifier, such as Social Security number or employee identification number. Such records will be made available unless they fall within the exemptions of the PA and the FOIA. Detailed information about TVA policies and procedures for obtaining access to information under the FOIA and the PA is available in 18 CFR Part 1301, or you can call the TVA Senior Privacy Program Manager at (865) 632-2467.
Senior Agency Official for Privacy
Senior Privacy Program Manager